I have a confession to make: I’m a bad blogger buddy. I got nominated for two Liebster Awards months ago and I never officially thanked my nominators. It’s about time I remedy this situation.
The Liebster Award recognizes up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Here are the rules:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
I’ve been around the block a few times when it comes to the Liebster Award so I will forgo the part where I nominate fellow bloggers and go right ahead to the questions.
1) What is your favorite store?
For clothing I love Maurices. They have feminine and elegant pieces that are affordable. For beauty products I love Sephora and Ulta for their great selection of brands. I also really like the Birchbox shop. Their points program is pretty awesome so I never really pay full price for anything.
2) What is the one beauty item you could not live without?
That’s a tough one but for me mascara is an absolute must-have.
3) If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
Does chocolate count? 🙂
4) What is your proudest moment?
I’m proud of myself for deciding to stay in the US and accepting the job offer that I received after I finished my Master’s degree. I was going through some rough times back then. I had just gotten out of a long-term relationship and my ex was urging me to move back to Germany. Even though I didn’t have many friends and my local support system was basically gone I decided that I really wanted to work for that company and continue the life that I’d been building for myself in the US. Three years later I’m still working at that company and loving my job, I’m in a great relationship and couldn’t be happier.
5) If you could travel back in time to any moment what would that be?
I’ve always been really interested in the Ancient Greeks and Romans so I would enjoy traveling back in time to see with my own eyes what life was like back then.
6) What three things would you bring to a desert island?
Sunscreen so I don’t burn, my iPad with all my favorite books and games, and last but not least the very best boyfriend for company.
7) Describe yourself in three words.
Funny, nerdy, beauty-obsessed.
8) Who is your celebrity crush?
Till Schweiger. He’s a German actor and director who you might remember from Inglorious Basterds.
9) Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
I don’t have any pets at the moment, unfortunately. I wish I did but I just don’t feel like I could devote enough attention to one.
10) If you could live anywhere in the World, where would you live?
One of these days I would love to move back to my hometown of Dresden but as it stands right now I’m super happy with my life and wouldn’t change a thing.
11) What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?
My grandma once told me to “Never go to bed angry.” I’ve been heading this advice in my current relationship and it’s made a world of a difference. It’s made my relationship so much easier and better overall.
1) Why did you start blogging?
Over the last couple of years I started to really get into makeup and beauty products (I blame Birchbox for that). I found that I had opinions about these things but nobody to really share them with so I decided to start a blog.
2) What drives you?
I want to be successful at my job and respected by my peers for my work.
3) What is your favorite iPhone app?
I love the Fill-a-Pix game. I’m into these sort of brain teaser, puzzler games and this one never gets old.
4) What is the one piece of clothing/accessory you cannot live without?
That perfect pair of jeans that fit like a glove and are still comfy.
5) What is a quote that inspires you?
I’m not a quote person. Sorry. 😦
6) Name a song that has been stuck in your head recently.
7) What do you think sets your writing apart from other bloggers?
Oh boy… I don’t think I’m that great of a writer but one thing that’s important to me is to be thorough in my reviews. I think it’s easy to write a five-sentence post about a product but I want my posts to be helpful and being thorough is important for that.
8) Name a goal you’d like to attain in the next year.
I would like to get a raise at work.
9) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I really like my sense of humor.
10) What is your favorite Starbucks drink? (Not a fan? Tell us why)
I prefer tea over coffee but if I get stuck at a Starbucks I would order a peppermint hot chocolate. So yummy.
11) How would you describe yourself using only five words?
I love how this is almost the same question as Ashlee asked above. Here it goes: funny, nerdy, beauty-obsessed, smart, kind.
I was also recently nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by the lovely Heather from Simply Save. I love her take on money and finances so check out her blog if you’re interested in the topic. Thank you, Heather.
Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
- Proudly display the logo on your blog and follow the bloggers who nominated you.
7 facts about myself
- I love flowers, all flowers, any flowers. There can never be enough flowers.
- If a doctor told me that I couldn’t eat chocolate anymore I would be devastated.
- I have a very bubbly personality so it surprises people to hear that I’m also very self-conscious and anxious.
- I’m only 5′ 2″ tall.
- When I was a child my parents would always cut my hair very short. I basically looked like a boy. So now I’m obsessed with growing out my hair to have it as long as possible.
- My favorite season is spring.
- I have a MS in Computer Science.
I follow so many amazing bloggers so I’m having a hard time choosing which ones to nominate for this award. However, here are a few of my favorites (albeit not a whole 15):
Again, thank you Ashlee, Taylor and Heather for your nominations! It means the world.