I placed a few online orders during the month of November but with my trip to Germany and Christmas I haven’t had a chance yet to write a post about it. So here it is: the big November beauty haul catch-up. This post is a bit on the longer side. You have been warned.
Sephora Online Order
During the beginning of November Sephora had this great gift with purchase deal where you got to pick one of four cosmetic bags filled with amazing beauty samples. The total value of this particular set is over $50. It was just too good to pass up. I was a bit bummed out because the set was supposed to include a sample of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat but I got the Lancome Définicils Mascara instead. I do like trying new mascaras but I was particularly excited about the topcoat because it’s supposed to turn any mascara into waterproof mascara. Oh well.
You might remember the beautyblender duo set and the Formula X nail polish from my November beauty wish list post. I actually haven’t used the beauty blender as much as I would’ve liked because most mornings I’m in a hurry and using my fingers is simply faster. The few times that I have used it I really liked the result. The Formula X nail polish is a beautiful shade called Supernatural. Unfortunately, it chips very easily on me.
Full Size Items
$39.95 price, $43.90 value
Shade: Supernatural (ashen pearl)
Full Size: 0.4 fl oz, $10.50
Free Gifts with Purchase
- REN Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk (Sample Size: 0.17 fl oz, $0.95 value, Full Size: 5 fl oz, $28)
- Lancome Définicils High Definition Mascara in Black (substitution, Sample Size: 0.07 fl oz, $8.22 value, Full Size: 0.23 fl oz, $27)
- Lancome Tresor (Sample Size: 0.05 fl oz, $2.21 value, Full Size: 1.7 fl oz, $75)
- Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Dark Spot Correcting in Light/Medium (Sample Size: 0.25 fl oz, $10.50 value, Full Size: 1 fl oz, $42)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Anti-Aging (Sample Size: 0.13 fl oz, $8.43 value, Full Size: 0.37 fl oz, $24)
- Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in “Celebutard” (discontinued shade, Sample Size: 0.042 oz, $7.25 value, Full Size: 0.11 fl oz, $19)
- Ojon Color Sustain Pro (Sample Size: 1 fl oz, $8.68 value, Full Size: 3.4 fl oz, $29.50)
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black (Sample Size: 0.14 fl oz, $7.18 value, Full Size: 0.38 fl oz, $19.50)
- Prada Candy (Sample Size: 0.05 fl oz, $2.41 value, Full Size: 1.7 fl oz, $82)
- Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial (Sample Size: 0.04 fl oz, $1.33 value, Full Size: 1.35 fl oz, $45)
- Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer (Sample Size: 0.05 fl oz, $1.63 value, Full Size: 1.01 fl oz, $33)
Another Sephora Online Order
It’s kinda sad to admit but the main reason I placed this order was to get Sephora VIB status in time for the big 20% sale. Unfortunately, that didn’t quite work out as planned because for some reason my status wasn’t unlocked for a few days after I placed the order and by then most things I wanted were sold out. Anyway…
I had my eyes on the Jolly Jelly Candy set for quite some time. I love Philosophy shower gels – they just smell so darn good. The matching body scrubs were a great addition as I don’t currently own any body exfoliation products. They do a fabulous job at making my skin baby smooth without being too abrasive.
I added the Clinique Chubby Treats Set mainly in order to get free shipping. I own a few Chubby Sticks and love them. Unfortunately the colors of these two didn’t really work for me as the Pudgy Peony was too bright and the Voluptuous Violet was too dark. I ended up returning them.
I also spent some of my points on the Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara which is well on its way to becoming my favorite mascara. It does a superb job at separating and defining my lashes which gives me great volume and makes them almost look like falsies.
The Julep Freedom top coat was another 100 points perk. I’ve been wanting to try it for a while because it’s fast-drying. Unfortunately, I experience major shrinkage when using it. It makes my manicure look like it has significant tip wear and is 5 days old. Not flattering.
The Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation was a gift with purchase. I used my Body Shop kabuki bursh to apply this powder foundation but I found it really hard to get any type of coverage. I would describe it as light at best but by no means is it full coverage. I even tried using a Bare Minerals concealer brush to apply it directly to my blemishes to get better results but without much success. I’m glad I got to try it but I would’ve been disappointed had I spent money on it.
Full Size Items
- 2 x 4 fl oz Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath in Sweet Orange and Pink Grapefruit
- 2 x 6 oz Salt Body Scrub in Sweet Orange and Pink Grapefruit
$35 price, $53 value
- 2 x 0.04 oz Chubby Stick in Pudgy Peony (sheer fuchsia) and Voluptuous Violet (sheer plum lavender)
$19.50 price, $13.60 value
100 Bonus Points Perks
- tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara in Black (Sample Size: 0.16 fl oz, $11.87 value, Full Size: 0.31 fl oz, $23)
- Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat (Sample Size: 0.12 fl oz, $8 value, Full Size: 0.27 fl oz, $18)
Free Gifts with Purchase
Shade: Fair-Light Neutral
- Escada Especially Escada (Sample Size: 0.06 fl oz, $2.40 value, Full Size: 1.6 fl oz, $64)
- Korres Face Primer (Sample Size: 0.05 fl oz, $0.89 value, Full Size: 1.01 fl oz, $18)
- Marc Jacobs Daisy (Sample Size: 0.04 fl oz, $1.65 value, Full Size: 1.7 fl oz, $70)
NARS Online Order
To continue the saga of me attaining VIB status: the main reason I hoped to be able to get the 20% discount was because I had my eyes on the NARS One Night Stand palette. This palette included the customer favorites Orgasm and Deep Throat blushes, as well as two limited edition blushes, a highlighter, and a bronzer. I mainly wanted it for the Orgasm and Deep Throat blushes because I had my eyes on them for a while. By the time my VIB status was unlocked this pallet was, unfortunately, sold out. Boo.
I decided to check the NARS website and as it happens they were offering a mini Orgasm blush with every purchase. While the mini packaging is quite a bit cuter than the full size, the product itself is actually not much smaller. At 0.12 oz it’s 3/4 of the full size. For free! I ended up falling in love with the Deep Throat blush. It’s not as sparkly as Orgasm and just the perfect shade. I think I’ve been wearing it every single day since I got it.
Full Size Items
Blush in Deep Throat
Full Size: 0.16 oz, $29
Free Gift with Purchase
Mini Blush in Orgasm
Sample Size: 0.12 oz, $21.75 value
- Luminous Moisture Cream (Sample Size: 0.07 oz, $2.55 value, Full Size: 1.7 oz, $62)
Bumble and bumble Online Order
Lastly, we have a small order that I placed with Bumble and bumble. They were having a special where they included a 7 piece sample set with every purchase. I ended up getting the Thickening Shampoo in a travel size to take with me to Germany but I ended up not using it since my luggage got delayed and I had to buy a totally new shampoo.
Full Size Items
Travel Size Thickening Shampoo
Full Size: 2 oz, $8
- Surf Shampoo and Conditioner (each, Sample Size: 0.24 fl oz, $0.68/0.71 value, Full Size: 8.5 fl oz, $24/25)
- Straight Blow Dry (Sample Size: 0.5 fl oz, $1.90 value, Full Size: 5 fl oz, $19)
- Thickening Hairspray (Sample Size: 1 fl oz, $2.55 value, Full Size: 8 fl oz, $28)
- Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner (each, Sample Size: 0.24 fl oz, $0.72/0.75 value, Full Size: 8 fl oz, $24/25)
- Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil (Sample Size: 0.07 fl oz, $0.78 value, Full Size: 3.4 fl oz, $38)